Zoom is a purpose-built web-conferencing tool. It has features that make it easier to run large collaborative meetings: a fully collaborative whiteboard, polling, and breakout rooms.
Personal vs. BMC Zoom accounts
- You can use a personal Zoom account to attend most meetings hosted by Bryn Mawr College faculty, students and staff.
- However, you will need a BMC Zoom account to be an alternative host for a BMC-hosted meeting and to fully use the integrations with Moodle and Panopto.
- All current Bryn Mawr College students and employees are also eligible for accounts on Bryn Mawr College’s institutional Zoom license.
- A BMC Zoom account allows you to host meetings for up to 300 attendees with no time limits.
Note: If you're not sure if you have a BMC account, read Zoom: Am I using A Bryn Mawr Zoom account?
Set up your BMC Zoom Account
If you have a personal Zoom account, do one of the following BEFORE you set up your BMC Zoom account:
- If you want to keep the personal account, change the email address associated with it to something other than an @brynmawr.edu address if necessary.
- If you don’t want to keep the personal account, cancel your subscription if you have one and then delete the account.
When you’re ready to create your BMC Zoom account, follow the Log in to Your BMC Zoom Account in a Web Browser instructions below. The first time you log into to Zoom using the Sign in with SSO option and your Bryn Mawr College credentials an account will automatically be created.
If you run into any difficulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log Into Your Zoom BMC Account
You can log into your BMC Zoom account by using a web browser or by using the Zoom desktop or mobile app. The steps below explain how to do this.
Use a Web Browser
To log into your BMC Zoom Account using a web browser:
- Open a private or incognito window in your web browser (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Go to brynmawr-edu.zoom.us
- Click Sign in with SSO.
- If you are already logged into a college system such as Outlook or Moodle, you may be taken straight to your Zoom profile page. Otherwise, you will be redirected to a Bryn Mawr login page (see screen shot below) to log in and authenticate with Duo.
Use Zoom Desktop or Mobile App
To log In to Your BMC Zoom Account through the Zoom Desktop or Mobile App:
- Download the Zoom desktop client or mobile app to your device(s)
- Click the Sign in with SSO (desktop client) or SSO (mobile app) button.
- If you are already logged into a college system such as Outlook or Moodle, you may be taken straight to your Zoom profile page. Otherwise enter the company’s domain name, use brynmawr-edu (NOTE the hyphen, don’t use a dot!) when prompted.
- You will be redirected to a Bryn Mawr login page (see screen shot above) to log in and authenticate with Duo.
- For meeting hosts, see Zoom: Host a meeting.
- For students & meeting attendees, see Zoom: Participate in a meeting.
- Prefer video tutorials? Zoom has them!
- Zoom also routinely hosts live training webinars with professional trainers, including some designed for educators. These are free for BMC community members as part of our license.
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!