Hiding grade item or category prevents students from seeing the grade and any feedback comments or files an instructor has provided for it.
Before you start, you may need access to the following:
- an Instructor of record or Other editing teacher role in a Bryn Mawr Moodle course
- On your course main page, click on the Edit Mode toggle (if it isn't already on).
- Next, in the top toolbar, select Grades.
- On the next page, select Grader report > Setup > Gradebook setup from the tabs displayed.
- Find the grade item or category you wish to hide, go to the Actions column, and click Edit drop-down and select 'Edit settings'.
- Within the Grade Item section, select Hide.
- Click Save changes.
When you are ready to reveal grades to students, repeat the steps above, but choose Show in step 4 from the drop-down menu.
Videos & further reading on Moodle gradebook
- MoodleDocs: Grade hiding
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!