This article reviews the College's gaming wi-fi network pilot and how to connect your devices.
Before You Start, you may need:
- a College account and password
(e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- a device that supports wireless internet connections
This wi-fi network is a pilot with no guarantee of service.
It is only available in Bryn Mawr College dormitories and for TriCo community members.
Please send all feedback to the Help Desk.
How it works
- This service is restricted to TriCo community members
- Each gaming device will need to be registered annually
- In mid-August, all registrations are deleted
- Each connection has a limited download/upload speed to ensure stability
Step 1: find your MAC address
This wireless network will not function with smart home devices or media streaming devices. For more information, see the What NOT to bring section of Students: What tech to bring to College.
Determine your device's MAC/Hardware address:
Step 2: register
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject: Gaming Wi-Fi Pilot Registration Request
- Full Name
- College Username
- Device Manufacturer (e.g Microsoft, Sony)
- Device Model (e.g., Xbox Series X, Playstation 5)
- Device MAC address (see above)
Step 3: connect
All network activity must abide by the College's Acceptable Use Policy.
Once your device is registered, you will receive a confirmation email and the current pre-shared key.
- Access your device's network settings
- Select the Gaming-Pilot Wi-Fi network
- Enter the pre-shared key as the password
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!
Phone: 610-526-7440 | Library and Help Desk hours
Email: email@example.com | Service catalog
Location: Canaday Library 1st floor