This article reviews the College's gaming wi-fi network pilot and how to connect your devices.
Before You Start, you may need access to the following:
- a College account and password
(e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- a device that supports wireless internet connections
This wi-fi network is a pilot with no guarantee of service.
It is only available in Bryn Mawr College dormitories.
Please send all feedback to the Help Desk.
How it works
- Each gaming device will need to be registered annually
- At the end of the academic year, all registrations will be deleted
- Each connection has a limited download/upload speed to ensure stability
Step 1: find your MAC address
This wireless network will not function with smart home devices or media streaming devices. For more information, see the What NOT to bring section of Students: What tech to bring to College.
Determine your device's MAC/Hardware address:
Step 2: register
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject: Gaming Wi-Fi Pilot Registration Request
- Full Name
- College Username
- Device Manufacturer (e.g Microsoft, Sony)
- Device Model (e.g., Xbox Series X, Playstation 5)
- Device MAC address (see above)
Step 3: connect
All network activity must abide by the College's Acceptable Use Policy.
Once your device is registered, you will receive a confirmation email and the current pre-shared key.
- Access your device's network settings
- Select the Gaming-Pilot Wi-Fi network
- Enter the pre-shared key as the password
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!