This article reviews the College's gaming wi-fi network and how to connect your devices.
Before You Start, you may need:
- a College account and password
(e.g., email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- a device that supports wireless internet connections
- Support will only be rendered Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- It is only available in Bryn Mawr College dormitories and for TriCo community members.
- Please send all feedback to the Help Desk.
How it works
- This service is restricted to TriCo community members
- Each gaming device will need to be registered annually
- In mid-August, all registrations are deleted
- Each connection has a limited download/upload speed to ensure stability
Step 1: find your MAC address
This wireless network will not function with smart home devices or media streaming devices. For more information, see the What NOT to bring section of Students: What tech to bring to College.
Determine your device's MAC/Hardware address:
Step 2: register
Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Subject: Gaming Wi-Fi Registration Request
- Full Name
- College Username
- Device Manufacturer (e.g Microsoft, Sony)
- Device Model (e.g., Xbox Series X, Playstation 5)
- Device MAC address (see above)
Step 3: connect
All network activity must abide by the College's Acceptable Use Policy.
Once your device is registered, you will receive a confirmation email and the current pre-shared key.
- Access your device's network settings
- Select the BMC-Gaming Wi-Fi network
- Enter the pre-shared key as the password
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!