When a Panopto block is added to a course and “provisioned,” it creates a parallel course folder on the Panopto server. Anyone with a Teacher role in the Moodle course will have a Creator permissions for the Panopto folder and and anyone with an Auditor or Registered Student role in the Moodle course will have Viewer permissions. The block lists links to available recordings for all users; Creators will also see links for editing the Course Settings and downloading the Panopto recording software.
The Panopto block will automatically be added to new academic courses when they are created in Moodle. If the Panopto block is not visible in a Moodle Course, anyone with a Teacher role can add it to enable the Moodle integration.
Add the Panopto course block
- Turn editing on in your course (use the button located at the top right of your course’s main page).
- Click Add a block at the bottom of the left side bar.
- Choose Panopto from the list of available blocks.
- If the block contains a message that the “course has not yet been provisioned” click the Provision Course link beneath that message.
- You will see a message that course participants have been added with the appropriate roles.
If you have any difficulty, please copy any error messages and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the course in which you are trying to add the block.
For Moodle Archive
Please note that if you are accessing a past course on Moodle Archive (courses from fall 2017 through summer 2020), you should still have access to the corresponding course folder in Panopto through the Panopto block in a course on Moodle Archive. However, we have had reports of users receiving an error message in the Panopto course block in Moodle Archive and not having connections to past Panopto videos.
This sometimes happens when the connection between Moodle and Panopto needs to be reset. If you have trouble connecting to past course videos through Moodle Archive, please email the email@example.com, and we will fix the connection.
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!