By default, Moodle places an icon next to a user's name. Depending on the context, that icon can contain the first letter of a user's first name, the first letter of their first and last name, or the silhouette of a person. However, Moodle allows you to replace these icons with a picture.
Before you start, you may need access to the following:
- an active account for Bryn Mawr's Moodle site.
Change your profile photo
- Log into Moodle and open your User menu. In the menu, click on Profile.
- On the next page, click on Edit profile.
- On the next page, open User picture menu and go to the New picture.
- Drag and drop a photo from your computer or use the Upload a file menu to import one into.
- Click the Update profile.
Now, you should be brought back to your profile page. Your picture should be there! If it isn’t, you may need to wait a few moments and/or refresh the page
Note: If there are any problems with the picture, such as the top of your head being cut off or the picture is centered in the wrong way, you may have to edit the picture itself and re-upload it. Oftentimes, the best solution is to crop an image the way you want before uploading since you won’t be able to re-center the thumbnail how you wish afterwards.
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!