This article reviews Microsoft 365: what is it, how to use it, and where to access it.
Note: Use of Microsoft 365 apps falls under Bryn Mawr College’s Acceptable Use and Data Handling policies.
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is a broad suite of apps and services that are frequently updated with improvements and new features, all of which can be accessed via webmail.brynmawr.edu.
Commonly used applications
(Mail, Calendar, People)
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outlook: access your College email, manage your schedule, and view your contacts
- OneDrive: upload documents to save space and easily share
- OneNote: take notes digitally to save paper and access across devices
- Office Online: simultaneously collaborate and create
Webmail vs. Outlook
All data or information stored or access through the College's Microsoft 365 applications must abide by the College's Data Handling Policy.
For a full comparison in features, see Microsoft's documentation.
|Outlook for Windows||Outlook for macOS||Outlook & Office for iOS||Outlook & Office for Android|
Webmail refers to Outlook on the web (formerly known as OWA, or the Outlook Web Application), and is accessible at webmail.brynmawr.edu.
Outlook desktop application refers to the standalone program installed on your computer, allowing offline access to your College email's inbox.
- Adding Attachments
- Adding an Email Signature
- Automatic (out of office) Replies
- Advanced Searches
- Assigning Colored Categories
- Sorting messages with inbox rules
- Create, edit, and manage Contacts
The Calendar accessible via webmail.brynmawr.edu or the Outlook desktop application allows you to:
Use OneDrive to store, share, and sync your files to ensure your data is backed up and safe!
- OneDrive Online
- OneDrive for Windows
- OneDrive for macOS
- Share Files or Folders in OneDrive
- Restore a previous version of a file
There are many other Office 365 apps available, be sure to check them all out! Some of these include:
- To Do
Microsoft Support Resources:
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!
Phone: 610-526-7440 | Library and Help Desk hours
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Service catalog
Location: Canaday Library 1st floor