This article reviews how to connect to Bryn Mawr College's wireless network, eduroam.
Before you start, you will need access to the following:
- a College account and password or visitor account
- a device that supports wireless internet connections
Attention alums and visitors: you will need a visitor account.
What is eduroam?
eduroam is a secure wireless network offered by research and educational communities. It is the College’s primary Wi-Fi network.
For more information on Eduroam: www.eduroam.org
Connect to Eduroam
- Select eduroam from the list of wireless networks on your device.
Unsure where to look?
Windows: bottom-right of your desktop
macOS: top-right of your desktop
iPhone or iPad: support.apple.com/en-us/HT202639
- Enter your College email address and password.
- If prompted, click Connect or Trust Cert.
Connect an Android or ChromeOS device
- Open your Settings app.
- Select Connections -> Wi-Fi.
- Select eduroam from the list of wireless networks.
- Enter the following: (example image)
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: None
- CA certificate: Use system certificates
If “Use system certificates” isn’t present…
Select Do not validate instead:The field for Domain may disappear. Your connection will still be secure.
- Domain: brynmawr.edu
- Identity: your College email address
- Anonymous identity: (leave blank)
- Password: your College password
If you are unable to connect...
- Select MSCHAPV2 instead
Still having issues? Contact the Help Desk for assistance!
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!