Bryn Mawr uses Watermark Course Evaluation and Surveys software to conduct end-of-semester course evaluations. Links and reminders within Moodle make it easier for students to complete surveys and instructors to access results.
Before you start, you will need the following:
Students: Complete surveys
- Log into Moodle.
- If the course evaluation period for the current semester has begun, a pop-up window will open asking you to Please Complete Your Course Evaluations.
- Click Go To Survey to begin your course evaluations or Do It Later to skip them for now. If you pick the latter, the reminder will pop up again the next time you log into Moodle.
You can also access evaluation through the EvaluationKIT User Access block. Like other blocks, it can be found by clicking Open Block Drawer. In the block, there will be a link to each uncompleted course evaluation and its due date.
Once you have completed all of your evaluations or the due date passes, this block will disappear.
Attention: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if a course is missing or wrongly included.
Instructors: View response rates and responses
- Select Open Block Drawer
- Open the EvaluationKit User Access block
- Click one of the following links:
- View response rates for course evaluations that are currently underway.
- View responses to previous semesters' evaluations. Data will only be available for classes from Fall 2021 onwards. You will also not see responses for the most recent semester until after the deadline for submitting grades
Note: If you are a new instructor, this block will not appear in Moodle until the beginning of the evaluation period during your first term. Please see the Instructor FAQ section below for more details.
Troubleshooting for a Missing Evaluation Block
- Double-check that you should be seeing the block:
- Students should only see the block and reminders while course evaluations are underway. If course evaluations haven't started or have finished, then not seeing the block is normal.
- If you are an Instructor of record and this is the first semester you are teaching at Bryn Mawr, you won't see the block until course evaluations start.
- Clear your browser cache or open Moodle in a private browser: Many types of issues are fixed by clearing old cached data, which both of these actions accomplish.
- Check that it isn't a Haverford course: Moodle won't show reminders for any Haverford courses. The Provost's Office should send you links to fill out the surveys for these courses. Contact email@example.com for further assistance.
- Reset your Moodle Dashboard: By default, the EvaluationKIT User Access block appears in Moodle's block drawer, but you may have moved or deleted it. Toggle the Edit Mode button in the top right corner. Then, click Add Block if the evaluation block is missing. A menu will open where EvaluationKIT User Access is an option. If it's present in the block menu, click Show EvaluationKIT User Access to have it be displayed.
- Use an alternative method to access the Watermark Course Evaluation and Surveys site:
- Click the access link found in emails from the Provost's Office. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not receiving these emails.
- Bryn Mawr faculty and students can also log directly into the Watermark Course Evaluation and Surveys website using their Bryn Mawr College username and password.
FAQ's for Instructors
- Why don’t I see the current semester’s courses in my Instructor Dashboard? If course evaluations have not yet started, this is completely normal. If you still don't see them after evaluations start, please contact email@example.com.
- Why can I only see response rates for surveys, not the responses? You will only see responses for past terms. Responses for the current term won't be visible until after the deadline for grade submissions.
- Why can I see data about the current semester even though grades aren't posted? It is normal to see response rates while evaluations are underway. Only the responses remain hidden until after grades are posted.
- Why aren't there evaluations from before 2021? The college only began using Watermark Course Evaluations and Surveys in Fall 2021. As a result, it has no data for courses taught before that term. Contact the Provost’s Office for help accessing older course surveys.
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!