Shipping your device is a last resort and is only done when a College-provided device is suffering a time-sensitive issue and is agreed upon by a LITS technician. This article reviews when and how to do so, when necessary.
Shipping a device should be the last resort -- always transport a device in-person when possible.
When to ship
Shipping your device to LITS should always be a last resort, it is always preferable to transport the device in-person. Never ship your device to LITS unless it is agreed upon with a Support Technician in a ticket. When determining whether to ship a device or not, consider:
- is the issue time-sensitive?
- when will you next be on-campus?
- can the issue be addressed remotely?
Packaging & Shipping
To ensure your device isn't damaged or lost in transit, consider the following:
- Pack the device so that it does not move within the box
- Wrap the device in multiple layers of bubble wrap or 1"-2" thick foam
- Purchase a tracking number and store it securely
When possible, use a carrier's electronics-specific packaging:
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!