Our integration with the Cengage allows instructors to access a wide range of educational content and integrate it with their Moodle courses. Instructors can also use Cengage to create assignments.
Before you start, you may need access to the following:
- An Instructor of record or Other editing teacher role in a Moodle course
- A Cengage Instructor account. If you don't have one, create one on Cengage's site using your Bryn Mawr College email address.
Add Cengage content to a Moodle course
- Log into Moodle and open your course.
- On your Moodle course page, toggle the Edit Mode button on.
- Go to the section where you want to place the video and click +Add an activity or resource.
- From the menu that opens, select External tool.
- Click the Preconfigured tool drop-down menu and choose Cengage (New).
- Provide an Activity Name and then click Select content.
- In the dialog window, choose which of the three types of content you want to add:
- Homework Platforms + eBook: allows you to add an ebook along with supplementary material such as study guides and assignments
- Cengage Infuse + eBook: allows you to add an ebook along with concept checks and quizzes that can be directly posted to Moodle.
- eBook Only
- Once you pick your type of content, use the search bar to find and select your content.
- Click Save and return to course.
Students will now be able to access the content from the Moodle course page. Clicking on the content will always take them to a new tab, however.
Videos & further reading on Cengage
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!