Academic courses taught at Bryn Mawr College will be on its Moodle site. Some offices may also use Moodle courses for other purposes, such as workshops, advising, or collaboration. In most cases, you will need to log in with your college credentials to view a Moodle course, although some may be visible when you log in as a guest.
- Go to Bryn Mawr Moodle (https://moodle.brynmawr.edu).
- Click the Login link.
- Click the appropriate log-in option:
- Bryn Mawr: for students, faculty, and staff with a Bryn Mawr college username and password. This will take you to Bryn Mawr's login page.
- Haverford students: for students, faculty and staff with a Haverford college password. This will take you to Haverford's login page
- Log in as a guest: for individuals who do not have Bryn Mawr or Haverford login credentials. This option will only let you see guest-accessible courses.
- Do not use the Sysadmin login only section at the bottom of the screen. It will only work for Moodle system administrators.
Attention: Swarthmore students, as well as students and faculty from other colleges, enrolled in Bryn Mawr courses should click Bryn Mawr and log in with their Bryn Mawr College username and password. Please contact the Help Desk if you have not received these.
Troubleshooting for most common issues
If you are having difficulty logging in to Moodle, try the following:
- Open a private browsing window and try logging in again.
- Need instructions for private browsing? Do a web search for “private browsing” and the name of your preferred browser (e.g., Safari, Chrome, Microsoft Edge).
- If this works, then your web browser has cached or saved old data that is interfering with your login. You can fix this by clearing your browser’s cache (search for “clear cache” and your browser's name to find instructions).
- Open a different web browser and try logging in again.
- If this works, there is some incompatibility between your usual web browser and Moodle. Try upgrading your preferred browser to its most recent version.
- If upgrading doesn’t help, you may need to use a different browser until a Moodle-compatible version of your preferred one becomes available.
- Try logging into another system that requires your college username and password (e.g, Bionic or college email).
- If you ALSO can’t log in to these systems, there could be a problem with your account, password, or Duo configuration:
- Be sure to tell them you are having problems logging in to multiple systems, not just Moodle.
- If none of these steps solve your problem, please contact the Bryn Mawr College Help Desk.
New Students and Faculty
Moodle accounts and enrollments are created through Bionic. Although Bionic feeds data to Moodle periodically throughout the business day, changes in Bionic do not instantaneously show up in Moodle. If you have just been hired or have JUST registered for your first Bryn Mawr course, you may experience one of the following issues:
- You are unable to log in
- You can log in but see an error message saying you do not have a Moodle account
- You can log in but don’t see the courses for which you've registered.
If so, please wait a few hours and try logging in again. If a business day passes and the problems still exist, please contact the Bryn Mawr Help Desk!
Former students, faculty and staff
Community members who graduate or leave the college will lose access to Moodle when their college username and password expire. For more information, see Leaving Bryn Mawr College.
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!