Panopto has a new feature that enables instructors to quickly copy all of the videos from a Panopto folder into a new Moodle course's Panopto folder. It was designed to make it easier for instructors to reuse materials from term to term: the copies made are identical "reference copies" so you can track student viewing data for both the original and destination courses separately.
Before You Start, you may need access to the following:
- a Instructor of record or Other editing teacher role in a Moodle course
- a Creator role for the Panopto folder you want to copy from
- Open the destination course in Moodle (i.e., the one to which you are copying videos).
- Click the Course Settings link in the Panopto block.
- If the block is missing, add the Panopto block to your Moodle course.
- If you see the block, but it says "this course has not been provisioned," click the link to provision it.
- If the Course Settings link is missing, double-check that you have an Instructor of record or Other editing teacher role in the course. If not, ask someone who has one of those roles to enroll you with the same permissions or contact the Help Desk.
- In the Panopto window that pops up, click Overview, then scroll down to Course Video Copy.
- Next to Previous course folder, click Choose source folder.
- Find and select the Panopto folder you want to copy videos from.
- If the folder contains Zoom meeting recordings and you want to copy them, check the Include Zoom videos box.
- Click Begin folder copy.
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!