Keeping track of assignments and events for classes can be difficult. Moodle provides the Timeline and Calendar blocks as standard features so you can keep track of your schedule more easily for all courses in which you are enrolled.
Before you start, you will need to be:
- enrolled in a Bryn Mawr Moodle page.
Check assignments in Calendar
- Log into Moodle if you haven't already.
- Go to the Dashboard page.
- As a default feature, you will have both the Timeline and Calendar blocks on this page. You can change their settings to make them more useful for keeping track of your work and events:
- For Timeline, you can filter assignments by due date (All, Overdue, or due in the Next 7 days, Next 30 days, etc.). You also can use the Search by activity type or name bar.
- For Calendar, you will see assignments and events for the current month. There will also be buttons to move one month ahead or one month back. You can filter your view to All Courses or one particular course at a time.
In both blocks, you can click on an assignment title to get a more detailed view of its due date and requirements. There will be an Add Submission button you can use to turn in your work.
Moodle activities, such as Assignments and Quizzes, with due dates will appear automatically, and instructors may manually add other events, such as exams not administered through Moodle. All of these assignment and events will also appear in the Calendar block of the course page (if enabled). You will not be able to see events for courses in which you are not enrolled.
Add an event in Calendar
- Log into Moodle.
- Go to the Dashboard page. In the Calendar block, click on the New event button.
- In the New Event pop-up window, fill in the Event title and select the Date and Time.
- In the Type of event drop-down menu, select the appropriate option:
- A User Event will only be visible on the calendar of the user adding the new event. All users may add events to their own Calendars.
- A Group Event will be visible to the members of a particular Group in a course (chosen from the Search drop-down list). You must be an Instructor of record or Other editing teacher to add events to group members' Calendars.
- A Course Event will be visible to all enrolled participants in a Moodle page (chosen from the Search drop-down list). You must be an Instructor of record or Other editing teacher to add events to course or organization participants' Calendars.
- Click Show more if you wish to add a Description, Location, Duration, or have the event Repeat weekly.
- Click Save.
Video & further reading on the Calendar
- MoodleDocs: Using Calendar
- MoodleDocs: Calendar block
- MoodleDocs: Upcoming events block
- MoodleDocs: Calendar editor role
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!