Adding a Scheduler activity to a Moodle course enables student participants to sign up for appointments with anyone who has a teacher role (i.e., Instructor of record, Other editing teacher, or Non-editing teacher) in that course.
Before you start, you may need the following:
- an Instructor of Record or Other Editing Teacher role in a Bryn Mawr Moodle course.
Add a Scheduler activity
- In your Moodle course, toggle Edit mode on.
- Click +Add an activity or resource in the section of your course where you want the Scheduler to be.
- In the box that appears, select Scheduler.
- On the Adding a new Scheduler page, type in a Name for the activity. (You can change this later, if needed).
- Under Options, set the general parameters for appointments, such as the length/duration of each slot and whether students can book in groups. Click the (Help with ...) icon next to an option for more information. (See also Scheduler Module settings and parameters.)
- Use the Booking form and student-supplied data settings to enable or require students to answer questions or submit notes or documents when scheduling an appointment. Click the (Help with ...) icon next to a setting for more information. (See also Scheduler: Booking form.)
- Click Save and display.
Add appointment slots
- Click on the Scheduler Activity to open it.
- Click Add slots within the Actions tab, then choose one:
- Add repeated slots to add multiple slots with the same settings (location, reminder, etc.).
- Add single slot to add one slot at a time
- Configure the settings for the slot(s). See Scheduler: Adding slots for more information.
- Click Save and return to course.
Note: Those with an Instructor of record or Other editing teacher role can both add your own appointment slots and those for other people.
Videos & further reading on scheduling appointments
- MoodleDocs: Scheduler module
- Ask Athena: Schedule course meetings with the Moodle Zoom activity.
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!