If a Moodle page contains a Zoom activity, participants will be able to use it to view and join all course meetings. They can do this in two ways.
Before you begin, you will need:
- To be enrolled as a participant in a Bryn Mawr Moodle course where course meetings have been schedule through the Zoom activity.
From the Zoom activity
- Open the Moodle course page and go to the section with the Zoom activity.
- Open the Zoom activity
- To view ongoing or future meetings, go to the Upcoming Meetings tab. This lists all future course meetings.
- If a participant is the meeting host or co-host, they will see the the Start button next to the meeting topic. Clicking this button will begin the meeting. A Delete button will be next to the Start button for any future meeting, and will be replaced by an End button if a meeting is ongoing.
- If a participant is not a host or co-host, they will see the Join button next to the meeting topic. By clicking the button, they can join an ongoing meeting. They will see a waiting screen if a host or co-host hasn't yet started the meeting. They will also see an Invitation button next to the Join button. This will open a dialog box where they can copy Zoom's auto-generated meeting invitation.
- To view past meetings, go to the Cloud Recordings tab. This list links to any previous meetings that were recorded and saved by Zoom. These meetings are also available in the host or co-host's personal Panopto folder as part of the sub-folder Recorded Meetings.
Meeting hosts and co-hosts can also change and cancel future course meetings within the Zoom activity. By clicking on the course topic, hosts and co-hosts will be taken to the Manage page. From here, they can click Edit this meeting to change meeting details and settings. They also can click Start this meeting to begin a session or Delete this meeting to cancel it. When deleting a recurring meeting, hosts or co-hosts will have to choose between Delete just this occurrence, if they want to delete only one session, or Delete all of the occurrences, if they want to delete all sessions.
From the Moodle Calendar
- Click Calendar in the side menu. (If the left sidebar is not visible, click the Three bars to unhide it.)
- Find the event for the meeting you want to join and click on it.
- In the dialog box that emerges, select Click here to join Zoom Meeting: ### #### ###
From within Zoom
Hosts or co-hosts may also create, start, and join course meetings by logging into Zoom's website. Using the website also allows hosts and co-hosts to utilize advanced features such as advanced polls and quizzes.
- Log into your BMC Zoom account at https://brynmawr-edu.zoom.us.
- Go to the Meetings page within the Personal menu.
- Go to the Upcoming tab. This will show all meetings on your schedule, including those for your course.
- Find the course meeting you are looking for. Select one of three buttons:
- Start to begin the meeting,
- Edit to change meeting details or settings
- Delete to cancel the meeting.
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!
Phone: 610-526-7440 | Library and Help Desk hours
Email: email@example.com | Service catalog
Location: Canaday Library 1st floor