By default, all Moodle participants (e.g., Teachers, Non-editing teachers, Registered students and Auditors) can see and access a course as soon as they are enrolled in it. Only participants with a Teacher role can hide or show a course.
Before you start, you may need access to the following:
- a Teacher role in a moodle.brynmawr.edu course
Hide an entire course
To hide an entire course from Registered students and Auditors:
- Click on the gear icon (Actions menu) in the top right corner of the course site.
- Choose Edit Settings.
- Under General, click on the Course Visibility drop-down menu and choose Hide.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save and Display.
To unhide the course, follow the steps above, but set Course Visibility back to Show.
- If you hide an academic course, be sure to unhide it again when students need to access it. Moodle does not do this automatically!)
- If you just need to hide parts of a course see Moodle: Hide/Show Sections and Items
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!