By default, all participants can see and access a Moodle course as soon as they are enrolled in it. Instructors can hide an entire course site to prevent Registered students and Auditors from seeing and accessing it. Hidden courses remain visible and accessible to Instructors of record, Other editing teachers and Non-editing teachers.
If you only need to hide parts of a course, see Moodle: Hide/Show Sections and Items.
Warning: Hiding an academic course during registration confuses students, who may think it isn't appearing in their Dashboards because they aren't enrolled. Leave the course visible and hide the sections containing content you don't wish them to see instead.
Before you start, you will need:
- an Instructor of record or Other editing teacher role in a Moodle course (Non-editing teachers cannot hide courses)
Hide a course
- Log into Moodle and open the course you wish to hide.
- Click (Actions menu) in the top right corner.
- Choose Edit Settings.
- Set Course Visibility to Hide.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save and Display.
Unhide a course
Repeat the steps above, but set Course Visibility to Show.
If you have any additional questions or problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk!